Sunday, July 30, 2006

Session Report - Saturday 29 July 2006

The gaming session was a success. Dark Elf was the only one who made it, so he got Battleground 101. Dark Elf bought the Elven deck and a powerful deck it is.

I now understand more of Battleground rules but like Dark Elf said it would take time before everyone in the group would fully comprehend the rules. I must say that writing on these sleeved cards, an act unthinkable before, becomes natural after a while. There is ample space on the cards to mark modifiers and other markings important to a war game.

The game took only 2 hours and 30 minutes. We played using the quick start army and basic rules but without the command cards. 2 hours and 30 minutes is fast for a war game in my opinion and it shows our deeper understanding in rules of the game. It also shows how simple the game-play could be.

I am looking forward to the next game and after a few games in I think I will be able to do a full review of the game.

No comments: